Principal UX Consultant
Mickela is a principal consultant, and has been with System Concepts since 2007. She holds a BSc (Hons.) in Computer Science, and an MSc in Human-Computer Interaction with Ergonomics from University College London.
Her wide ranging consultancy work involves techniques including inclusive user testing, focus groups, participative design, in-context research, ethnographic studies, rapid user testing, prototyping and accessibility audits against the WCAG v2.0 guidelines.
Mickela particularly relishes the challenge of conducting research with varied user groups including disabled users and children, in order to make websites, systems and applications usable and accessible to all. She has conducted user research across multiple platforms including mobile, tablet, kiosk and desktop. An experienced project manager, she has overseen the planning and preparation of numerous usability and accessibility projects.
Mickela specialises in:
- User experience research utilising a variety of approaches including agile and longitudinal techniques, project managing every phase of the research lifecycle.
- Usability and accessibility testing, including in-context research, ethnography, and evaluating products, interfaces and interactive systems.
- Conducting accessibility testing with disabled users.
- Accessibility audits and compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, across multiple devices and technology platforms.
- Creating, presenting and facilitating digital accessibility and user centred design training courses.