Head of Ergonomics
Laura holds a BSc (Hons.) in Biological Sciences, an MSc (Eng.) in Work Design and Ergonomics, and a NEBOSH Diploma Level 6 in Health and Safety. She is a Fellow of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, a Chartered member of IOSH and registered on the Occupational Health and Safety Consultants Register. Laura is also an access auditor and completed her training with the Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE).
With over 20 years of ergonomics and health and safety experience, Laura provides consultancy and training services to clients in the public and private sectors. Prior to joining System Concepts in 2001, she worked jointly at the Institute for Occupational Ergonomics and the Product Safety and Testing Group. She was lead author of ADULTDATA – a DTI handbook of anthropometric and physical strength data for designers, and co-author of OLDER ADULTDATA – a sister publication on the older adult.
Laura provides practical, cost-effective advice and support. She works closely with clients to help them meet legal responsibilities and manage risk, prevent injuries and ill health, and improve employee well-being and productivity.
Laura specialises in:
- Office ergonomics: display screen equipment assessments (DSE), workstation design and space planning, training DSE assessors.
- Industrial ergonomics: workstation and task risk assessments, training and workshops for manufacturing, production and assembly clients.
- Retail and banking ergonomics: equipment and workstation design for high-street banks and building societies.
- Consumer safety, anthropometry and product design: developing ergonomics design parameters and guidelines.
- Accessibility: audits and reasonable adjustment assessments.
- Rehabilitation and wellbeing: specialist ergonomics and accessibility assessments.
- Health and safety: auditing systems, conducting risk assessments, and developing policies and procedures.