Head of Health and Safety (Professional Services)
Julie has extensive consultancy experience, having worked in health and safety for over 10 years, she has supported a huge variety of clients, ranging from those in the professional, financial, legal and insurance sectors, through to clients in the charitable, manufacturing, hospitality, media, medical, housing and property management industries. Julie has previously been embedded into a client site where she provided full time health and safety support, and before working with us, worked for a large global financial services organisation where she implemented and maintained BS OHSAS 18001 across their UK property portfolio.
Julie holds the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health, which was awarded with Credit and the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management. She is a skilled auditor and holds a BS OHSAS 18001 Management Systems Lead Auditor certificate and an ISO 45001 Migration and Implementing Changes certificate.
Julie is Chartered Member of The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH), is an IOSH Peer Review Panel member and presents at health and safety networking events.
“My experience in many types of sectors means I understand how different organisations are structured, how they operate and what their risk profiles are. I provide a wide range of reasonable, practicable and cost effective recommendations which help you achieve your aims, be compliant, reduce risk and protect people.”
Julie specialises in:
- Providing strategic, proactive and business focused health and safety and compliance advice.
- Developing client and risk focused assurance programmes of work.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and auditing health and safety management systems (ISO 45001, BS OHSAS 18001 and HSG65).
- Auditing against legislation, standards, guidance and client specific policies, covering topics such as legionella, occupational health, food hygiene, unoccupied premises, lifting equipment and fire.
- Carrying out audits and due diligence reviews on client contractors, suppliers and property managing agents.
- Risk assessment and control: fire, general, DSE, stress, manual handling, COSHH and event risk assessments as well as occupancy reviews and accessibility audits.
- Advising clients on compliance with CDM duties.
- Developing and delivering a range of health and safety training including DSE, manual handling, fire marshal, health and safety risks and responsibilities and diversity and inclusiveness.
- Developing health and wellbeing campaigns and communications to address and educate employees of health, safety and wellbeing issue.
- Completing incident investigations and developing corrective action plans, liaising with enforcing authorities.
- Creating client specific newsletters and updates.