Principal Health & Safety Consultant
Julie holds the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health (awarded with Credit), and is a Chartered Member of The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH). She also holds a BS OHSAS 18001 Management Systems Lead Auditor certificate issued by the British Standards Institute, the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire safety and Risk Management, a Level 3 Award in Education and Training, and a Level 3 certificate from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) in supervising food safety in catering.
She has trained with the Centre for Accessible Environments on access auditing, has trained to deliver manual handling training and has been awarded a Certificate in Business Continuity (CBCI).
Julie has over ten years’ experience of working in health and safety, working with clients to ensure compliance and business continuity, and to enhance employee health and wellbeing.
Prior to joining System Concepts she provided health, safety and wellbeing services within a global financial services firm, where she implemented and maintained BS OHSAS 18001.
Julie specialises in:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining health and safety management systems, in particular BS OHSAS 18001.
- Applying office ergonomics to address health, safety, resilience and wellbeing issues, including stress and musculoskeletal health.
- Undertaking a wide range of specific risk assessments and compliance audits including DSE, fire, manual handling and access auditing.
- Developing and providing a wide range of health, safety and wellbeing training courses such as DSE assessor, manual handling and diversity training.
- Incident investigations and devising prevention strategies.
- Providing legislative change updates and impact analysis.
- Developing and facilitating wellness programmes and events to raise awareness of health, safety and wellbeing issues, including stress and musculoskeletal health.