Principal UX and Ergonomics Consultant
Helen holds a BSc (Hons.) in Occupational Therapy and an MSc (Hons.) in Ergonomics (Human Factors) from Loughborough University. She is also a trained access auditor and completed her training with the Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE). She holds a Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) qualification.
Helen helps clients to evaluate and improve the user and customer experience from a usability and accessibility perspective. To do this she applies ergonomics and user experience good practice to a host of different products, environments, services and systems, and across multiple platforms. She also delivers informative, engaging training courses.
Before joining System Concepts Helen worked for Posturite, where she was responsible for developing and delivering training courses, and performing complex workplace and vehicle assessments. Her career experience has enabled her to hone her skills for interviewing and eliciting feedback effectively from users, as well as understanding complex and varied user needs.
Helen specialises in:
- End to end project management of user research and ergonomics projects.
- User experience research, concept exploration, persona development, digital accessibility testing and expert reviews.
- User experience research methods: usability testing, depth interviews, diary studies, agile research, customer journey mapping, focus groups, contextual research, ethnographic research, development of UX guidelines and expert and bench marking reviews across multiple platforms.
- Office and industrial ergonomics: display screen equipment assessments, workstation design, task risk assessments, manual handling workplace evaluations and space planning.
- Procurement ergonomics: suitability of work equipment and furniture in office and industrial environments.
- Physical accessibility: audits and reasonable adjustment assessments
- Training and stakeholder workshop design and delivery.
- User experience and usability
- Workstation ergonomics
- Ergonomics and Human Factors
- UX & Usability Training
- Access audit and disability management services
- Is fitness tech fit for purpose?
- Epilepsy in the workplace: a 10 step guide
- Ethnography (You don’t know what you don’t know)
- Is your desk job killing you?
- Rapid User Testing and Lean UX
- Usability Testing Through the Eyes of a Child
- Getting Started with UX Research
- Remote usability testing
- 5 Generations in the workplace
- How mental models enhance usability
Related case studies
- Employee accessibility can be complex
- BBC user types research
- Amadeus: usability testing of tablet-first design
- Airline accessibility: Amadeus in it for the long haul
- RBS: ergonomics best practice in bank branch design
- Nationwide: providing great places to work
- Helping Nationwide improve branch design