Senior UX Consultant
Frances holds a first-class degree in BSc (Hons) Design Ergonomics from Loughborough University. She has a passion for using research to drive user-centred design, and is committed to delivering innovative yet simple solutions.
With several years’ experience providing user insights, Frances can skilfully conduct research using a range of methods including interviews, usability testing and focus groups. She has completed projects for global businesses, service providers and charities, and enjoys working with diverse groups of users. Having previously worked as a Human Factors specialist for a premium automotive manufacturer, Frances also understands in-house processes and has experience interacting with international customers to deliver a best-in-class experience.
Reflecting an interest in psychology, Frances appreciates the importance of uncovering the ‘why’ behind user behaviour and attitudes and is committed to providing clear insights and recommendations. She enjoys using varied and new methodologies, and always approaches projects with an enthusiastic and open attitude.
Frances specialises in:
- Exploratory research to uncover functional and emotional user needs through methodologies including interviews, customer journey mapping and observations.
- Using generative research techniques such as creative focus groups, competitor benchmarking and interviews to promote successful solutions.
- Usability testing across multiple devices, both in-context and in lab conditions, with the ability to supplement findings through expert knowledge.
- Synthesising data into concise insights and recommendations.
- Communicating visually through reporting, infographics, wireframes, personas and customer journey maps.
“I believe that a seamless user experience is the key to successful business. I strive to ensure that solutions are always inclusive and driven by real, representative insights.”