Managing Director (Health & Safety)
Darren is a joint managing director at System Concepts, having joined the company in 2007. He holds a BSc (Hons.) in Health, Safety and Environmental Management and is a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
Darren heads up a team of highly experienced health, safety and ergonomics consultants, whilst providing strategic guidance and direction to ensure that the Company works towards its financial vision, mission and long term goals.
Darren’s career prior to joining System Concepts included spells with Experian UK and the London Borough of Southwark. He has provided health and safety advice across a wide range of environments, including: waste and cleansing services; offices and call centres; building maintenance and refurbishment; leisure, library and museum facilities; cemeteries; education centres; workshops; community safety; and enforcement services.
Darren specialises in:
- Strategic health and safety advice, including the development, implementation and review of policies and procedures.
- Equality Act compliant audit and assurance programmes.
- Creating integrated risk management strategies involving health and safety, environmental management and emergency planning.
- A wide range of specialised risk assessments and profiling.
- Advising on occupational health referrals and sickness absence management.
- Investigation of major accidents and incidents.
- Facilitating safety committees with trade unions and management.
- Training needs analysis, and training design and delivery.