Principal Health & Safety Consultant
Brian holds the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, the IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management and the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) Certificate in Noise – Measurement and its effects (W503). Brian is a Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)and an IOSH approved trainer, he is currently studying for an MSc in Workplace Health and Wellbeing with Nottingham University.
Before joining us, Brian worked in a quality, health and safety and environmental capacity in the medical device manufacturing industry. He has many years’ experience in dealing with assessment and regulatory bodies in various countries, and has experience in product safety and approval processes. His experience with System Concepts includes providing ongoing competent support to a large multi-site lens manufacturer. He has also conducted due diligence and routine audits on acquisitions and managing agents for a large charitable organisation, and developed a wide range of bespoke training courses for clients.
Brian works closely with clients to gain an insight into their culture and specific needs to enable him to provide practical advice to benefit both the organisation and individuals.
Brian specialises in:
- Wellbeing strategy including design, implementation and evaluation of interventions
- Health and safety strategy including the development, implementation and review of policies and procedures
- Auditing of complex multi-site businesses
- Auditing, assessment and management of technical hazards
- Individual risk assessments for stress and neurodiverse conditions
- Design, implementation and maintenance of management systems to meet several standards such as ISO 9001, ISO45001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025 and ISO 13485
- Designing and delivering bespoke training courses to meet clients’ specific needs