Senior Ergonomics & UX Consultant
Lizzy is a charted ergonomist and human factors specialist, registered with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF). She holds a First-class BSc in Ergonomics, Human Factors Design and the NEBOSH General Certificate in occupational health and safety. She is a registered member of the User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) and is an access auditor, completing her training with the Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE). Lizzy is also currently working towards her Diploma in Health & Safety.
With over five years of ergonomics, accessibility and UX experience, Lizzy provides consultancy services to clients in a variety of sectors. Prior to joining System Concepts, she provided human factors expertise in the defence, medical and rail industries. Since joining System Concepts, Lizzy has worked closely with a variety of clients in the finance, office and consumer products sectors to provide them with strategic and design advice. She has run a number of participatory design sessions and workshops to uncover user needs and pain points in order to help her clients understand their employees and their customers; enabling them to design better workplaces, products and services.
Lizzy works closely with clients to provide support that will enable them to meet their legal responsibilities, prevent injuries and ill health, whilst also improving customer and employee experience and satisfaction.
Lizzy specialises in:
- Assessing the workplace and advising on physical and process design to improve accessibility, avoid work-related injury and raise productivity.
- Evaluative research such as usability testing and expert evaluation of products and services across multiple platforms.
- Ideation research including creative workshops and in-depth interviews to validate solutions and determine customer needs.
- Customer journey mapping and persona development to help visualise and communicate business needs, opportunities and understand target markets.
- Consumer safety, anthropometry and product design; developing ergonomics design parameters and guidelines.
- Accessibility auditing of products, buildings and outdoor spaces to ensure legal compliance and inclusive design.