Accessibility & User Experience Consultant
Casey is an accessibility and user experience consultant and has been with System Concepts since 2022. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Film and Gender studies, and certifications in web development and user experience.
Her 4 years of experience in accessibility equip her with a solid understanding of HTML, CSS and WAI-ARIA and she is very knowledgeable in UK accessibility legislation, WCAG, the Government Design System and inclusive design practices.
Casey has extensive experience conducting accessibility audits for public and private sector clients using a wide range of manual and automated techniques. She is dedicated to going above and beyond compliance and ensuring inclusive digital experiences for all.
Casey specialises in:
- Removing barriers between people and technology through comprehensive accessibility audits using the WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- Conducting user research with participants with and without disabilities using remote research approaches as well as face to face methods.
- Consulting on how to design accessible services that meet GDS requirements.
- Assistive technology testing using various screen readers (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver), magnification software, voice recognition technology and other implements.
- Advising on how to create accessible social media content.
- Providing consultancy to help embed accessibility into their products, systems and within their organisations.