Principal UX Consultant
Swetha holds a BSc in Software Engineering and an MSc in User Interaction Design. She is a co-organiser of The Research Thing, a meet up for fellow user experience (UX) geeks, and is a member of the User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA UK), where she is involved in the organisation’s mentoring scheme.
Swetha provides UX consultancy and training, and offers experience of a wide range of UX projects spanning mobile, web and connected TV platforms. She has been working in UX since 2010, and has built up a strong portfolio of experience using qualitative and quantitative research techniques as well as interaction design.
The numerous projects Swetha has led have involved usability and user experience evaluation, information architecture, persona development and concept evaluation employing a variety of methodologies. Prior to her career in UX, she gained experience as a front-end web developer, which inspired her to further understand how people use technology and how it meets their needs.
Swetha specialises in:
- Contextual research methodologies.
- User experience research at different stages of a product or service lifecycle.
- Utilising lean research techniques to support agile product development.
- Usability testing across a range of platforms.
- Conducting accessibility testing with people who have disabilities.
- Concept evaluation and user centred design.
- Applying ethnography to drive insights on people’s needs and behaviours.
- Evaluating and structuring information architecture.
- Carrying out expert reviews of mobile apps and websites.
- Persona development.
- Delivering user centred design training courses to a wide variety of audiences.
- Training – Learn how to apply User Centred Design
- Usability Standards
- Ethnography (You don’t know what you don’t know)
- Tips for integrating user testing into an agile development process
- Usability testing on a budget