Head of Health & Safety
Stephen holds the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health, an MSc in Environment, Health and Safety, and an LLB in Law. He also holds the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, and is a Lead Auditor for BS OHSAS 18001. He is a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
With over 10 years of health and safety experience, Stephen provides consultancy services to clients in the public and private sectors. He previously worked as the Head of Health and Safety for a large professional services firm, and also as Health and Safety Manager for an international law firm. He is a panel member for IOSM Members applying for CMIOSH status, and was on the editorial board for SHP magazine between 2015 and 2016.
Stephen works closely with clients to help them achieve their corporate goals and strategy by advising on the successful management of workplace risk. He promotes a sensible approach to risk management that identifies solutions, adds value and achieves compliance.
Stephen specialises in:
- Formulating strategies for managing organisational health and safety.
- Advising clients on health and safety management systems, and acting as the Competent individual.
- Audit, assurance and governance: compliance with internal procedures and legal requirements.
- Risk profiling and management, including identifying suitable, proportionate risk response measures.
- Risk management gap analysis, and devising practical solutions.