Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Matthew holds a NEBOSH general certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, an EBOSH Diploma Level 6 in Occupational Safety & Health, and is a graduate member of IOSH. He is a qualified access auditor having completed his training with the Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE), is an approved IOSH trainer, and has also gained his City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
Before joining System Concepts in 2014, Matthew worked as a health and safety advisor for the London Borough of Merton. Whilst there, he acted as the competent person for the organisation on health and safety matters. Working across a broad range of council run services for over a decade, his role was key in managing risk effectively across a large and complex organisation.
Matthew now works closely with clients in the public and private sectors to embed safety into organisations and to deliver demonstrable improvements in safe working practice.
Matt specialises in:
- Developing policies, procedures and safe systems of work to manage a range of health and safety risks.
- Implementing safety audit and risk assessment review programmes, to maintain high quality health and safety management systems.
- Carrying out a wide range of workplace risk assessments and accessibility audits.
- Conducting gap analysis of workplace compliance versus legal standards and best practice.
- Health & Safety training: developing and delivering IOSH approved and client-specific courses covering a broad range of occupational health and safety topics.
- Working closely with employees at all levels of an organisation to manage change.