Dan holds a BSc in Ergonomics (Human Factors) from Loughborough University. He is a trained access auditor, having completed his training with the Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE). He is also working towards becoming a Registered Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors.
Prior to working at System Concepts, Dan worked as a Human Factors Engineer in the Defence industry, making accessibility and ergonomic assessments of new equipment. He also evaluated challenging workspaces that were very restricted in space (e.g. military vehicles, submarines) to identify potential risks and provide practical solutions.
Dan’s comprehensive understanding of ergonomics is underpinned with his knowledge of design, biology and psychology. He adopts a flexible approach to research and testing, working with clients in a variety of sectors to aid the integration of people, processes and technology.
Dan specialises in:
- Office ergonomics: display screen equipment assessments, workstation design, and space planning.
- Industrial ergonomics: workstation and task risk assessments.
- Rehabilitation and wellbeing: specialist ergonomics and accessibility assessments.
- Procurement ergonomics: suitability of work equipment and furniture in office and office environments.
- Accessibility: audits and reasonable adjustment assessments.
- Consumer safety, anthropometry and product design: developing ergonomics design parameters and guidelines.
- Inclusive design and systems ergonomics.