Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Brian holds the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and the IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management. He is a graduate member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), and a practitioner member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
Before joining us, Brian worked in a quality, health and safety and environmental capacity in the medical device manufacturing industry. He has many years’ experience in dealing with assessment and regulatory bodies in the UK and USA, and was involved in product safety and approval processes including the CE marking process.
His experience with System Concepts includes providing ongoing competent support to a large multi-site lens manufacturer. He has also conducted due diligence and routine audits on acquisitions and managing agents for a large charitable organisation, and developed a wide range of bespoke training courses for clients.
Brian specialises in:
- Auditing of complex multi-site businesses
- Assessing and managing high risk hazards such as substances, work equipment, lifting equipment and pressure systems
- Design, implementation and maintenance of management systems to meet several standards such as ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025 and ISO 13485
- Designing and delivering bespoke training courses to meet clients’ specific needs
- Accident and incident investigation
- Liaison with authorities for environmental permitting, such as discharge consents and associated control mechanisms