Digital Accessibility Training
Learn how to make your website and digital products accessible to people with disabilities and improve the user experience for everybody.
The business benefits
Making your website and digital products accessible to people with disabilities will:
- Meet your obligations under the Equality Act
- Improve the user experience for all users
- Win loyalty and business from people with disabilities.
Who should attend?
This practical hands-on course is designed for people who want to know how to make websites accessible and for anyone who is involved in the design process. This includes graphic designers, content writers, developers, coders, website managers and testers.
What will you learn?
This one day course will:
- Provide a thorough understanding of the issues facing disabled people when trying to use websites
- Demonstrate how to assess the accessibility of your own website using guidelines and checklists
- Describe how to involve disabled users in the design process
- Suggest the types of solutions that can be implemented to improve accessibility
- Provide tips on organising accessibility testing with disabled users.
This one day course provides delegates with plenty of practical examples and exercises, comprehensive notes, guidelines and sources of reference. It can be tailored to meet the needs of your team and your organisation, but typical course content could include:
- Introduction to accessibility and the motivations behind it
- Introduction to disability including practical exercises
- Demonstration of assistive technologies and an opportunity to use them
- Demystifying the accessibility guidelines and knowing which ones to use and how and when to apply them
- Using accessibility checklists to assess a website
- Incorporating disabled users into the design process
- The importance and principles of user testing.
Course information and how to book
This course is offered in-house and course can be customised to include design processes, procedures and examples from your own business. Please contact us to discuss how we can tailor the course to your needs.
For details on prices or to book a course, please call us on +44 (0)20 7240 3388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We can customise and provide different formats:
- A longer, 2 day course providing greater opportunity to explore the principles and practice techniques.
- A half-day awareness briefing providing an introduction to accessibility for senior managers.
What did previous participants think?
Knowledgeable and friendly instructor - encouraged interactive mode of training. This course would be valuable in development/testing activities of my job.
Excellent hand out material allowed me to focus on what was being said rather than having to take copious notes.
Course presented well with good interaction and examples.
Excellent, well delivered, informative, would recommend it!
For more information on any of our services, please contact us