User Centred Design Strategy
We aim to work with each of our clients throughout the design lifecycle to help develop their understanding of usability and the user experience and ensure that the user is at the heart of their product design process.
How we can help
Whether you are developing websites or washing machines, sales desks or a sales process – designing these around what the user needs will result in a better product. We are able to help you map out a strategy for keeping all those involved in developing and delivering products and services focussed on what the user wants and needs. We can help you deliver this strategy at a number of levels from a single project right through to an organisation wide plan.
A well thought through roadmap for delivering a great, consistent user experience across all user touchpoints is likely to result in:
- improved customer satisfaction
- better customer retention
- improved buy-in to designs by all stakeholders
- increased sales
- reduced development times and costs.
We work with our client teams to understand as much as we can about their plans and processes. For example, we like to know about what the business goals are and what the current priorities are for the organisation, how the user experience is likely to fit into current marketing and product development plans and processes. We then work with you to better understand you users and involve them in your design processes. This may include:
- Developing a vision for how the organisation wants their users to experience their service e.g. the most secure, the quickest and clear goals
- Analysing what skills and changes are required across the organisation and any products that are required to meet user experience goals
- Identifying what is already known about the users and how significant gaps in that knowledge can be addressed
- Developing a training or development plan for involving cross departmental teams in the development of tactical action plans to achieve this vision
- Defining how and what will be measured in order to monitor progress towards user experience goals.
What you get
We can help you present your strategy in a variety of ways to suit your organisational style and your audience. Interactive workshops, training courses, user-friendly documents and highly visual presentations including videos and user profiles can all be used to successfully communicate key messages and motivate managers and developers.
Find out more
For friendly advice on how we can help:
Our Clients Say
The combination of expertise in hardware and software evaluation means SC is able to offer us an integrated insight into the total user experience.
Markus Hohl, Design Manager for O2 DevicesMore testimonials