Usability Testing - Websites, Mobiles and Products
Usability testing with real users will identify usability problems and highlight ways to improve the user experience. Early prototypes can be tested under controlled conditions, but usability testing works best with a working prototype or design which allows users to perform real tasks.
improve customer satisfaction
increase your sales
reduce your development times and costs.
Usability testing can be conducted in our central London usability testing facilities which are designed for usability and accessibility testing of a wide range of products and systems, including PC and Mac based websites, TV and other digital media.
Alternatively, we can take our usability lab equipment to other locations, or set up un-moderated testing with large groups of remote users. For international testing, we regularly use laboratories in France, Spain and Germany. We will advise you on which of these is most suitable, depending on your research objectives and budget.
Benefits of usability testing
- Provides detailed information to identify problems and ways to improve the user experience
- Allows quantitative data to be gathered on times and errors
- Can be inexpensive -a usability test can take as little as four days to prepare, conduct and report on key findings
Our approach to usability testing
- Follows industry best practice and international usability standards - which we helped develop
- Detailed usability test plans incorporate user and task profiles - agreed with you in advance
- A wide range of testing tools and techniques, chosen to meet the exact needs of you project
- Tools include eye tracking, listening labs, thinking aloud, questionnaires and rating scales, participative design, card sorting and a desirability toolkit - we will advise you which are most appropriate to meet your requirements
- Rapid user testing for clients with tight deadlines or budgets
- Experienced usability testers - familiar with a range of products and systems
- Clear and straightforward results presented in an easy to use format
- Practical recommendations - we will continue to work with you to improve your design.
Typical usability testing projects
Products we have usability tested include:
Websites we have usability tested include:
What do our clients say?
By undertaking usability testing with a cross section of our customers – students, tutors, staff and alumni – we have learned a great deal about the impact the structure of our websites has on usability and, in turn, the customer and student experience. Your work to facilitate these testing sessions, and to collate, analyse and present the feedback from these sessions was very useful. In addition, the workshop style of the presentation has enabled us to prioritise developments as we go forward.
Linden Muirhead, Director, Projects and Customer Operations, ifs School of Finance
The report was awesome - super clear and informative.
Francie Zant of Microsoft (Media Center team)
For more information on any of our services, please contact us