Usability Testing Labs
Our central London usability labs are designed for usability and accessibility testing a wide range of products and systems including websites, mobile phones, interactive TV and other digital media.
We have two usability labs which allow us to conduct simultaneous usability testing sessions. Both labs can be configured as either office or comfortable home environments, while our large conference rooms are ideal for focus groups or participative design sessions. Clients can watch the sessions from an adjacent air-conditioned room on a large high definition picture in picture display with live audio.
A portable usability lab is available for usability testing on client sites or in users’ homes worldwide.
The London facilities are easily accessible by public transport (Waterloo, Charing Cross, Embankment, Covent Garden, Holborn and Temple stations are all within walking distance). Please see detailed directions on how to find us.
Our facilities include:
- Two separate usability labs each with viewing and observation facilities
- Separate viewing rooms each with a high definition wide screen television for clients to observe the usability testing. Each viewing room has Internet access and will accommodate up to eight people comfortably
- A flexible and customisable set-up, which can be adapted to test anything from websites to paper-prototypes
- A choice of digital cameras, including a remotely controlled pan/tilt/zoom unit and a fish eye lens camera, to provide detailed views of participants and any other equipment
- Eye tracking with real-time overlay for observers which allows you to see where your users' attention is focused and what they overlook
- A selection of assistive technology including JAWS, IBM Home Page Reader, Dragon Naturally Speaking and ZoomText
- High-speed broadband connection
- Flicker free recordings of PC or Mac screens
- Digital free-to-air satellite (Freesat) and terrestrial (Freeview) television
- A choice of microphones to capture high quality audio of participants' comments
- Picture in picture recording in multiple digital formats to suit your requirements
- Secure webstreaming of interviews, testing and focus groups direct to your desk. This allows any number of observers to watch the results live or up to ten days after testing and is particularly popular with international clients
- Reception and hosting service including light refreshments to welcome participants and observers.
We have a database of individuals with a range of abilities/disabilities for accessibility testing and can recruit or arrange the recruitment of participants to match any required profile.
We offer a range of service options, from full service where our own consultants recruit participants, plan, design, facilitate, analyse and report on the testing, through to a facilities only service for external users. We are happy to work with your team to provide advice or resource at any stage of testing, please contact us to discuss your exact requirements.
Our facilities only prices for external users start at £110+VAT per hour which includes the use of a dedicated technical support specialist.
What do our clients say?
I just wanted to say thank you to your and your team for a fantastic job on Friday.
We had a few unforeseen hiccups but the team went the extra mile and were extremely supportive and professional at all times to ensure that the day was a success and we got some great data for our research.
Dee Doherty, Outsource Manager, CLIMAX STUDIOS
Our Clients Say
I’m very impressed by the quality and professionalism of System Concepts’ work and the flexible way they work with our team.
Bryce Ashdown, Principal User Experience Manager, VodafoneMore testimonials