Interaction designers work closely with user experience consultants and client development teams. We create visual, often interactive, representations of design concepts which can be used throughout the user centred design process to:
- explore early, conceptual design ideas
- understand user requirements
- communicate your target market’s expectations and needs
- review and document design decisions
- communicate concepts effectively across an organisation to secure buy-in at all levels.
The output from interaction design:
- ranges from hand drawn paper layouts, through lo-fidelity wireframes to polished hi-fidelity navigable screens
- quickly illustrates a range of possible solutions
- is easily modified following feedback (for example when using agile and RITE methodology)
- can be turned into full visual designs by our visual designers or yours .
Benefits of using interaction design
Working with an interaction designer helps our clients:
- explore new design directions
- find design-based solutions to usability issues
- explore and evaluate a wide range of design ideas
- communicate and validate business and user requirements
Our approach to interaction design
System Concepts’ interaction designers:
- Work closely with user experience consultants, acting on the insights and issues arising from user research and analysis
- Help the client’s design, product development and engineering teams communicate their design concepts
- Create an array of possible solutions in a short time that can be tested with users, or used to identify a new and better approach to a problem
- Also work directly on client sites in agile development teams doing detailed product design
- Produce guidelines and design specifications to guide future development.
Typical interaction design projects
- Developing User Interface Guidelines consisting of interactive storyboards and annotated lo-fidelity wireframes for insurance and investment provider LV=. This helped them to:
- increase cross sell and overall user satisfaction
- handle a ‘technology refresh’ more efficiently
- Working with Microsoft Services creating design templates for a new content management system (CMS) they were developing using Microsoft SharePoint 2007.
The design solutions took into account both the business, branding and security requirements of their client and the constraints and opportunities presented by Microsoft SharePoint 2007. Once we had understood these requirements we:
- created quick mock-ups of several potential design options
- got feedback on these options from project team and business stakeholders
- produced 32 finalised design templates for key areas of the CMS.
The designs were presented to Microsoft’s client during the development process, helping to gain buy-in from all business stakeholders and agree the technical specification of the system.
- Working with Amadeus, a global travel software provider, on the next generation platform for one of their clients, we helped them to:
- explore early, conceptual design ideas
- visualise what their users want from the interface
- document and review design decisions
- Developing high fidelity prototypes of two different software design concepts for a mobile phone company. The prototypes were then tested with users to help the design team decide which route to follow.
What do our clients say?
System Concepts provided a skilled interaction design consultant who quickly produced effective visual designs that helped us clarify, define and agree our clients’ requirements within a very limited time frame. System Concepts delivered design solutions which were both technically feasible and satisfied our clients’ business and technical needs. The designs continue to inform and guide the development of the client solution. System Concepts’ interaction design expertise made a valuable contribution to our development team.
Jarnail Chudge, Microsoft Services
For more information on any of our services, please contact us
Our Clients Say
The team were extremely supportive and professional and went the extra mile to ensure that the day was a success and we got some great data for our research.
Dee Doherty, Outsource Manager, Climax StudiosMore testimonials