Health and Safety Audits
Our health and safety audits can help you achieve high standards of health and safety, improve your business performance and meet your legal responsibilities for people and their working environment.
Under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 all employers have a legal obligation to:
- Manage health and safety
- Assess all significant risks
- Control any risks that cannot be removed as far as is reasonably practical.
We offer a range of audits to help you, including:
- Health and safety management system audit - which compares your health and safety management systems with legal standards and best practice, identifying what you do well, and what needs to be improved
- OHSAS 18001 audits - for organisations working towards or wanting to maintain their OHSAS 18001 accreditation
- Specific audits - assessing how well a particular aspect of health and safety, such as fire safety, is managed
- Audits of the procurement process and contractor management systems - assessing how well health and safety is embedded into these business processes.
We often then work with your team to help implement our practical, cost-effective recommendations.
- Peace of mind - we will tell you how to meet your legal obligations in a practical, cost effective manner
- Best practice - we are involved in the research which formulates the latest guidelines, so you get the most up-to-date advice to improve your business performance
- A co-ordinated approach - we are experienced in all areas of health and safety. For example we can audit fire, display screen equipment and manual handling and disabled access in a single project.
- Efficient, flexible implementation – following the audit, we can support you with advice and training or provide a consultant to implement any changes which are needed.
- Practical, tailor made solutions to meet each client's unique business requirements
- Structured process, often using specifically developed checklists which can include inspection, observation, interviews and document analysis
- Health and safety management reviewed at three levels:
- the organisation
- the task
- individual employee behaviour
- Identification of both good practice and areas needing improvement, to allow good practice to be replicated efficiently through the business
- Clearly prioritised, practical and cost effective recommendations for action
- Support and advice encourages clients to develop internal skills ultimately leading to self-reliance.
- Auditing the health and safety policies and procedures for Alexandra Palace
- Reviewing the management of health and safety for the Trade Union Congress (TUC) and developing their health and safety policy
- Fire safety audits on three sites for Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
- Health and safety audit for RSM
- Health and safety audit of international offices for Department for International Development
- We provided occupational health, safety and return to work advisers in Greater London for the HSE Workplace Health Connect project providing free health and safety advice, including audits to small businesses
For more information on any of our services, please contact us
Health and Safety
Our Clients Say
Our policies, procedures, risk assessments and manual are now useful and up to date, we have relevant induction training and lots of useful information on our intranet.
Lisa Clare, HR Advisor, Baker Tilly