Fire Risk Assessments
We can provide all the services you need to fulfil your obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety Order) and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, including:
- fire risk assessments
- training for staff in how to prevent fires and what to do if there is a fire
- training for fire wardens and fire risk assessors
- emergency evacuation monitoring
- emergency planning and business continuity
- disabled evacuation.
Under these regulations, all employers have a legal obligation to:
- identify potential fire hazards on their premises
- determine who may be at risk in the event of a fire
- evaluate the risks and take steps to eliminate or control them
- document their findings and provide an emergency plan.
Our practical, user friendly advice will help you achieve high standards of fire safety which improve your business performance, while meeting your responsibilities for people and their working environment.
- Peace of mind - we will tell you how to meet your legal obligations in a practical, cost effective manner.
- Best practice - we keep up with the latest standards and guidelines, so you get the most up-to-date advice to improve your business performance.
- A co-ordinated approach - we are experienced in all areas of risk assessments including accessibility and evacuation of people with disabilities. For example, we can cover fire, disabled evacuation, display screen equipment and manual handling regulations in a single project.
Our approach to fire risk management
- Practical, tailor made solutions to meet each client's unique business requirements
- Structured process, often using checklists customised to the needs of your business
- Can include inspection, observation, interviews and document analysis
- Clearly prioritised, practical and cost effective recommendations for action
- Support and advice provided at different levels to encourage clients to develop internal skills ultimately leading to self-reliance.
Typical fire risk management projects
- Fire safety management for Land Securities London Portfolio including:
- detailed fire risk assessments of the common and landlord areas of all their properties
- liaising with both existing and prospective customers to ensure that:
- fit outs and alterations meet current standards
- fire risk assessments are up to date
- disabled people can safely use and evacuate the premises
- scheduling and monitoring emergency evacuations, and debriefing tenant fire wardens
- developing and implementing emergency contingency plans to minimise business interruption
- facilitating building specific fire warden training.
- Fire safety audits on three sites for Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
- Research for the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service, to provide recommendations for the evolution of their facilities, procedures and staff training.
What do our clients say?
Thank you for your great attitude and proactive approach to resolving the numerous Fire Safety queries we have at our properties. I really feel that with System Concepts on board, we're making fast progress on resolving these issues in a timely manner.
Estate Manager, Land Securities London Portfolio.
For more information on any of our services, please contact us
Health and Safety
Our Clients Say
I was very impressed with your professionalism and knowledge on accessibility.
Sharon Rodrigues, Health and Safety Business Partner, BNP Parabas