Our ergonomists can help retailers provide safe, comfortable, effective and efficient equipment throughout the retail chain to help them achieve excellent customer service.
Areas which benefit from ergonomics support include the design of:
- hand-held devices such as chip and pin machines
sales and backroom environments.
Ergonomic design of chill cabinets ensures customers can see and reach merchandise which is being kept in perfect condition, while staff find it easy to clean, load and maintenance.
Ergonomic checkout design ensures operators can scan merchandise and process payments quickly and comfortably.
Ergonomic backroom design ensures staff can move merchandise onto the sales floor easily and keep it clean and tidy.
A retail environment and equipment designed around the needs of the staff and customers will:
- improve productivity and service levels
- reduce sickness, absence and compensation claims
- ensure legal compliance and best practice.
Involving independent ergonomists early in the design process:
- is quick and cost effective - our advice can take as little as one day
- identifies major issues early on - before changes become expensive and disruptive
- ensures effectiveness, efficiency and user satisfaction are built into the overall equipment design process
- improves buy-in of staff and other key stakeholders with independent, authoritative expertise.
- Experienced consultants work closely with your design team tailoring their approach to meet your needs, timescales and budget.
- We evaluate designs against industry best practice and international ergonomics standards - which we helped develop.
- Plans, prototypes and mock-ups as well as final designs can all be evaluated.
- We can test the usability and accessibility of equipment with specific user groups.
- Clear and straightforward results are presented in an easy to use format to suit you.
- Practical recommendations - we will continue to work with you to ensure you get the best from your new designs.
For more information on any of our services, please contact us
Our Clients Say
System Concepts’ recommendations provide a good return on investment, their tight project management ensures they keep to the brief, budget and timescales.
Dr Paul Kanas, Head of Occupational Health, Cadbury