Product Design Ergonomics
We help product designers create innovative and usable products across a wide range of industries, using ergonomics principles and our understanding of human needs and behaviour.
Ergonomics expertise is valuable throughout the product design process. We can:
- Reality check the ergonomics of early design concepts.
- Trap ergonomics problems and identify ways of improving the user experience by testing early prototypes and mock-ups under controlled conditions.
- Help refine the design by testing a working prototype which allows users to perform real tasks.
Product usability testing is an essential part of our human centred design approach. This approach, based on ISO 13407, aims to improve customer satisfaction and increase your sales. Testing can be carried out in our testing facility in central London or on location. In both cases, we video record the sessions to assess user behaviour and reactions.
- Increased user acceptance and product success
- Initial design advice provided in as little as one day for early stage prototypes or concepts
- Clear cost/benefit recommendations from as little as three days of user testing
- Detailed information on the user experience can provide valuable, early information for marketing material
- Simple cost-effective solutions to common ergonomics problems.
- We follow industry best practice and international ergonomics product standards - which we helped develop
- Experienced consultants work closely with design teams to anticipate and prevent user experience problems and enhance product usability
- Usability testing thoughout the design process - from early concepts to fully functioning prototypes
- Clear and straightforward results are presented in an easy to use format
- Practical recommendations - we will continue to work with you to improve your design.
The size, timescale and content of our projects are always tailored specifically to our clients' needs. We have provided ergonomics advice for:
- Mobile phones, washing machines, kettles, tape measures and tablet devices for consumers
- A non-invasive cardiac output monitor developed by a start up company with BIS (the Department for Business, Industry and Skills) funding. Trials took place in operating theatres and intensive care units with nursing and medical staff
- Alternative designs of chip and pin device for use at bank cashier tills
- Three prototype designs of passport photo booth
- ATMs, kiosks and point of sale terminals for several high street banks and retailers
- An aircraft seat designed for first-class and business travellers.
For more information on any of our services, please contact us
Our Clients Say
Our working partnership with the consultancy ensures that we are achieving compliance with best practice in ergonomics, health and safety legislation and
Jacquie Hill, Group Health and Safety Manager, Barclays Bank