We work closely with industrial and production engineers to maximise the safety and efficiency of production processes, equipment and the working environment.
By applying ergonomics principles and considering the needs of operators, management and the business as a whole we can:
- improve productivity and output quality
- reduce sickness absences
- cut compensation claims
- save costly redesign of production processes.
Our services cover a variety of industries, from glassware and electronics to automotive and food processing.
Failure to apply ergonomics to production not only reduces productivity but also jeopardises the health and safety of employees. For example, it may increase the risks of upper limb problems and manual handling injuries.
- Quick and cost effective. Our advice can take as little as one day while the long term benefit will easily outweigh initial costs, sometimes by as much as ten to one
- Identify major issues early in the design of the production process and so avoid expensive retrofits when problems emerge
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and ergonomics legislation and guidance
- Improve buy-in of staff and other key stakeholders with independent, authoritative expertise.
We use established ergonomics methods to assess and evaluate ergonomics risks that can occur anywhere in the production cycle.
- Experienced consultants visit your site and work closely with your design team.
- We conduct an ergonomics audit which collects a variety of data using checklists, video, direct observation and other data recording techniques.
- We interpret this data taking account of legislation, standards and industry best practice to help your industrial engineers create effective production processes.
- The data can also be used to customise training courses targeted at operators, supervisors and engineers as part of an in-house ergonomics programme
- Clear and straightforward results are presented in an easy to use format
- Practical recommendations - we will continue to work with you to improve the design of your production processes.
- We have provided training and consultancy support to Ford for a number of years. This has contributed to several important modifications to existing manufacturing areas, as well as the improved design and layout of new areas
- Ergonomics support to Cadbury, including advice on packing line automation and warehouse and laboratory layout
- A wide-ranging ergonomics audit followed by a series of customised training courses for Waterford
- Scoping study, comprehensive risk assessment, development of reporting procedures and training programme for GE manufacturing units.
What do our clients say?
System Concepts has a helpful, consultative style which promotes engagement and co-operation on the shop floor. This approach means they get the best from staff at all levels, don’t ruffle any feathers and make it easier for us to implement changes.
System Concepts’ recommendations provide a good return on investment, and their tight project management ensures they keep to the brief, budget and timescales.
Dr Paul Kanas, Head of Occupational Health, Cadbury
For more information on any of our services, please contact us