Health and Safety Ergonomics
We help health and safety professionals look after the health, safety and welfare of employees across a range of industries.
Our expertise and specialist knowledge helps health and safety professionals identify causes of ill health at work and investigate problems related to the use of equipment and the work environment.
Areas in which working together can help businesses achieve best practice include:
- risk assessment of specific tasks
- use and interpretation of ergonomics standards for equipment procurement
- use of anthropometric data, the study of human dimensions, to optimise equipment setup (reach distances, adjustment ranges etc).
Some of the key business benefits that ergonomics input provides for health and safety include:
- boosts the contribution of health and safety interventions at work
- reduces sickness absence and incidence of common problems
- increased buy-in from staff and management
- addresses areas of risk that otherwise go unnoticed.
- Experienced consultants work closely with your health and safety team, tailoring their approach to your specific requirements.
- We review existing interventions and identify additional ergonomics risks using the most appropriate ergonomics tools and methods.
- We spend time on site to observe tasks in detail, look for specific hazards, assess the likelihood of harm occurring and estimate the overall risk of injury to the employee.
- We provide feedback on existing controls and adjustments, as well as identifying areas that need improvement.
- Clear and straightforward results are presented in a format to suit you.
- We can help you implement our recommendations and make ergonomics adjustments to work systems.
- Where necessary, we can provide a range of alternative solutions that allows you flexibility and the opportunity to compare different types of intervention.
- We can train your staff, either ad-hoc or within a formal training environment, to teach them the basics of ergonomics principles and methods.
For more information on any of our services, please contact us
Our Clients Say
System Concepts’ recommendations provide a good return on investment, their tight project management ensures they keep to the brief, budget and timescales.
Dr Paul Kanas, Head of Occupational Health, Cadbury