Sheena specialises in:
- User experience, usability testing and the evaluation of interactive products and interfaces
- Ergonomics, including workstation design, office layout and manual materials handling assessments.
Sheena has been with System Concepts since September 2010. She holds a BSc (Human Kinetics and Ergonomics; Organisational Psychology), BSc Hons (Human Kinetics and Ergonomics) and MSc (Ergonomics) from Rhodes University in South Africa. Findings from her Honours and Masters dissertations have been published in the Journal of Work (‘Pushing and pulling, technique and load effects: An electromyographical study’) and the Ergonomics Society of South Africa Journal (‘The effects of load and gradient on hand force responses during dynamic pushing and pulling tasks’). She is an associate member of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors and a member of the Usability Professionals’ Association.
Prior to joining System Concepts, Sheena worked as a Consultant for InterAction of Bath, where she was involved in office and physical ergonomic assessments and developing and delivering training courses.
Client Projects / Case Studies
- Project managing rapid user tests for project teams at a leading network provider. These tests involve exploring apps and websites of various levels of fidelity on a weekly basis with a sample of users to give project teams quick, unbiased feedback to inform the direction of their projects.
- Conducting one to one user testing of a rock properties toolkit, used to perform seismic rock property analyses and predictions, with Subject Matter Experts for BP. The purpose of this research was to establish systematic baseline data on the current version of the software and to identify critical areas for improvement for subsequent versions.
- Conducting one to one user testing of new designs for a leading network provider’s mobile site in the UK and Spain, to determine how different countries react and respond to visual elements, wording and labelling.
- Conducting mini focus groups and a diary study to understand the research behaviour of users when consuming information from various sources, including online and printed materials.
- Conducting an expert review and competitor analysis of software for modems, for a leading network service provider, using heuristic evaluation and guided by the User Experience Assessment Tool (UXAT).
Real life interests
- Dabbling in adventure sports when I have the chance (surfing, white water rafting, paragliding, parasailing).