Maria specialises in:
- Human Computer Interaction
- User experience research
- Interaction design
- Accessibility testing and audits.
Maria is a Senior Consultant with System Concepts. She holds a degree in Communication Psychology from the University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Goerlitz in Germany. Within her course, she specialised in Human Computer Interaction and attained a sound knowledge in evaluating and optimising interactive user centred systems.
Maria’s dissertation on mobile website usability involved evaluating the Amazon website on the touch screen smart phones iPhone and Blackberry Storm, carrying out a usability test with 20 participants.
Prior to joining System Concepts Maria was an intern with phaydon|research+consulting, a user experience consultancy in Cologne. Examples of relevant projects include:
- Usability testing of a navigation application for mobile phones
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of online survey data for an established broadcast provider.
Client Projects / Case Studies
Maria has industry experience in media, insurance, social networking, mobile, travel, and e-commerce. Some of her recent projects include:
- Managing a user research study on mobile phone usage for a leading network provider. This study included desk research, an expert interview, an online survey including countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia, as well as qualitative phone interviews.
- Developing User Interface Guidelines for Amadeus who provides IT solutions for the travel industry. This included an expert and competitor review, two rounds of user testing, producing wireframes in Visio, writing the User Interface Guidelines and running a workshop with stakeholders in France.
- Providing ongoing usability and accessibility support for the BBC. This included conducting expert reviews and accessibility audits of some of the BBC’s internal systems. It also involved working closely with the business analysts and developers of the Digital Media Initiative team, supporting them in the development of Fabric - a suite of desktop production tools that delivers a new digital production environment and archive for the BBC.
Real life interests
Keep up with Maria on Linkedin at http://uk.linkedin.com/in/mariafrebel
Our Clients Say
Their reports were comprehensive and clear and their input helped us achieve the high levels of usability and accessibility that we set ourselves.
Donald Achike, IMT Project Manager, LDAMore testimonials