Darren specialises in:
- Health & Safety
Darren is a senior consultant with System Concepts. He holds a BSc (Hons.) in Health, Safety and Environmental Management from the Nottingham Trent University and is a chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
Before joining System Concepts, Darren has worked in both the public and private sectors, providing health and safety advice across a wide range of environments and business areas including; waste and cleansing services, offices and call centres, building maintenance and refurbishment, leisure facilities, parks, cemeteries, libraries and museums, education centres, workshops, community safety and enforcement services.
Darren has previously worked for Experian UK and the London Borough of Southwark. His main areas of experience include:
- developing integrated risk management strategies involving health and safety, site and personal security and emergency planning
- risk assessments including of lifting equipment, display screen equipment, manual handling activities, hazardous chemicals and work equipment
- auditing compliance with the Equality Act
- development, implementation and review of health and safety policies and procedures
- training needs analysis, design and delivery of training courses
- development and implementation of health and safety auditing and inspection programmes
- assistance with occupational health referrals and sickness absence management
- investigation of major accidents and incidents
- facilitating Safety Committees with trade unions /management.
Client Projects / Case Studies
Since joining System Concepts, Darren has been working on the Workplace Health Connect project, which provides free and confidential health and safety advice to small to medium enterprises in partnership with the Health & Safety Executive, HSE.
Real life interests