Mickela specialises in:
- usability and accessibility testing and evaluations of products, interfaces and interactive systems
- accessibility audits against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- user-centred design
- prototype development
- office ergonomics and DSE assessments.
Mickela is a senior consultant with System Concepts. She holds a BSc (Hons.) degree in Computer Science; and an MSc degree in Human-Computer Interaction with Ergonomics from University College London. She is also a graduate member of the Ergonomics Society and a member of the British Human-Computer Interaction Group.
Prior to joining System Concepts, Mickela gained valuable experience working as a part time research assistant at University College London Interaction Centre (UCLIC). She has also held short term contract positions as an assistant usability consultant and an interaction designer.
At System Concepts, Mickela has been involved in a wide range of consultancy work which has included usability and accessibility expert reviews, user testing and accessibility audits to WCAG v2.0. She is an experienced project manager and has overseen the planning and preparation of numerous usability and accessibility projects.
Client Projects / Case Studies
- Conducting and managing user experience projects for numerous clients including Sainsbury’s, Department for Transport, BBC and a global telecommunications provider.
- Integrated usability and accessibility testing of numerous websites including BBC WebWise, the Transport Direct portal and the London 2012 Olympic site.
- Conducted Accessibility Audits against the WCAG v2.0 guidelines for clients including Sainsbury’s, Comic relief, Department for Transport, Accenture and the BBC.
- Experience in using many assistive technologies including JAWS (screen reader), ZoomText (screen magnifier) and Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition software).
Real life interests
- Wildlife and nature.
- Travel and food.