Liz specialises in:
- strategic risk management
- identifying and maximising the business benefits of health and safety in organisations
- developing and implementing business focussed and people centred health and safety management systems
- providing sensible, proactive and positive health and safety advice, guidance and support
- conducting health and safety risk assessments that make the safe way the easiest way
- conducting compliance, topic and behaviour based audits.
Liz holds a BA (Hons) in Communication and Cultural Studies from the University of Leeds and the NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety. Liz is a Chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and sits on the IOSH Council of Management advising on the strategic issues and matters affecting the Health and Safety profession including advising on IOSH’s working party for Diversity and Inclusiveness.
Since 1995 Liz has worked for a major international travel company developing and implementing Health and Safety systems in as far-flung places as Vietnam, Canada and across the whole of Europe. Stationed overseas for several years she is also a confident linguist and has first hand experience of several European cultures.
Client Projects / Case Studies
While working for System Concepts, her project work has included:
- developing and implementing business focussed health and safety management systems
- developing and delivering health, safety training solutions, including IOSH Managing Safely, IOSH Safety for Senior Executives. interactive CDM training, fire safety training and contractor management workshops
- advising on health and safety for a range of activities, including abseiling for work, skydiving for charity, working with animals, rebuilding a school in Africa, team building away days and community challenge events
- developing and testing business continuity plans
- advising on accessible solutions for people with disabilities
- carrying out stress audits and facilitating focus groups
- carrying out general and specialist risk assessments
- conducting health, safety and food hygiene audits and inspections.
Real life interests
- Italian cookery.
Our Clients Say
Reports are well written with prioritised, practical and credible recommendations and useful, clearly illustrated content.
Dr Paul Kanas, Head of Occupational Health, CadburyMore testimonials