Laura specialises in:
- Office and industrial ergonomics, including anthropometry, display screen equipment and workstation assessment and design, and space planning.
- Acting as the ‘competent person’ and expert witness for clients, and providing health, safety and ergonomics advice, guidance and support.
- Auditing health and safety management systems, conducting risk assessments, developing and implementing action plans.
- Resilience and wellbeing programmes.
- Procurement ergonomics, consumer safety and product design.
- Conducting accessibility audits and assisting employers with satisfying the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.* Usability testing.
Laura holds a BSc (Hons.) in Biological Sciences, an MSc (Eng.) in Work Design and Ergonomics, and a NEBOSH Diploma Level 6 in Health and Safety. She is a Chartered member of IOSH, a Registered Member of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, and registered on the Occupational Health and Safety Consultants Register.
Laura brings over 15 years of ergonomics and health and safety experience, and has provided research, consultancy and training services to government and industry.
Prior to joining System Concepts in 2001, Laura was employed at the University of Nottingham where she worked jointly at the Institute for Occupational Ergonomics and the Product Safety and Testing Group. She was lead author of ADULTDATA - a DTI handbook of anthropometric and physical strength data for designers, and co-author of OLDER ADULTDATA - a sister publication on the older adult. Laura has also authored further DTI publications: 'Strength Data for Design Safety' Phases 1 and 2.
Real life interests
Keep up with Laura on Linkedin at https://uk.linkedin.com/in/lauramilnes
Our Clients Say
The team were professional, flexible and responsive to our changing needs; it was a pleasure to work with them.
Anne Almond Chan, UX Manager, O2