Joanne specialises in:
Joanne is a principal consultant with System Concepts. She holds a BA (Hons) degree in Sociology with Law from University of Kent. She holds the NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) Diploma Parts I & II in health & safety and is a Chartered Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health). She holds a Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene.
Client Projects / Case Studies
Since being with System Concepts, Joanne has worked on a number of projects including:
- health and safety inspections and audits
- risk assessments
- accident and ill health investigations
- revising health and safety procedures
- organising and delivering training courses including fire training and health and safety training.
Joanne was seconded to Ernst & Young for five years on a full time basis. Her responsibilities included assisting in the provision of health and safety advice and support including:
- carrying out risk assessments and manual handling assessments
- issuing permits to work and managing the permits to work database
- reviewing method statements and risk assessments for work by contractors
- liaising with Fire Authority and Local Authority Environmental Health Officers
- advising on a very wide range of activities including: abseiling for work and charity, away day and team building events
- providing information on the health and safety procedures to staff and contractors across all regions
- assisting the London Health & Safety Team to manage the implementation of the National Health and Safety Framework
- producing monthly and yearly accident and incident statistics
- presenting Managing Partners awareness seminars
- organising health promotions to raise awareness in certain areas e.g. stress management, healthy back care etc.
Real life interests
Our Clients Say
Whilst I've always been keen to get a 'tick in the box' with regards ergonomics, I believe that System Concepts have added value throughout the project lifecycle.
Gareth Brown, DIR Solution Architect, Project Services, Barclays Bank