Tanya specialises in:
- Providing expert ergonomics and wellbeing related consultancy
- Practical solutions to ergonomics and health, resilience and wellbeing challenges in a range of industrial, retail and office contexts.
- Usability and ergonomics evaluation of products and computer software, utilising industry best practice.
- Applying ergonomics to workplace design to help avoid work-related musculoskeletal disorders.
- Best practice health and safety policies and procedures.
Tanya holds a B.A. (Hons) degree in Chemistry and Experimental Psychology from Oxford University, an MSc. in Ergonomics and a Master of Business Administration (MBA). She also holds a NEBOSH certificate with Distinction and an NVQ4 in occupational safety and health.
Clients for whom Tanya carries out regular assignments include the HSE, Cadbury Ltd, Barclays Bank, Lloyds Banking Group, the TUC, Ernst and Young, Network Rail and the Highways Agency.
A Fellow of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Tanya was also a member of the Research Advisory Committee of the Food Standards Agency for six years. From 1998 to 2013 she was an elected Member of the Council of the Consumers’ Association/Which Ltd, and in 2008 was appointed to the Which? Ltd Board as a non-executive Director. Tanya retired from Council and the Which board in 2013 due to term limits.
Prior to joining System Concepts, Tanya started her career as a graduate management trainee in the Human Factors Division at British Telecom Laboratories. She was responsible for assessing user requirements for BT products, and for providing redesign recommendations.
- Scuba-diving, only in warm water
- Playing bridge
Keep up with Tanya on Linkedin at https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tanyaheasman
Our Clients Say
IÔÇÖm very impressed by the quality and professionalism of System ConceptsÔÇÖ work and the flexible way they work with our team.
Bryce Ashdown, Principal User Experience Manager, Vodafone