Sally specialises in:
- conducting health, safety and ergonomics risk assessments
- conducting audits, reviews and inspections
- developing and implementing health and safety management systems
- developing and presenting accredited and customised health, safety and ergonomics training programmes
- providing health and safety advice, guidance and support
- carrying out health, safety and ergonomics research.
Sally is a Director with System Concepts. She holds an honours degree in Chemistry from the University of Bath, an MSc with distinction in Health Ergonomics from the University of Surrey, and both the NEBOSH Certificate (1990) and NEBOSH diploma (1991) in Occupational Safety and Health.
Sally is a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
From 1976 to 1989, Sally was employed by Lucas Aerospace as a process engineer, responsible for production support, research and design. During this time she was promoted to Section Leader, managing a team of engineers and technicians.
In 1989, she became the Health, Safety and Environmental Engineer for Lucas Aerospace, supporting four factories employing a total of 1,600 people. From 1995 to 1997, she was the Health, Safety and Environmental Project Manager for Lucas Electronics. In these roles, she was involved in a wide range of health, safety and environmental services, including providing advice and guidance, developing and implementing management policies and procedures, conducting risk assessments and audits, developing and presenting training courses, and conducting accident, hazard and ill health investigations.
Sally moved to Coventry Technical College as a Health and Safety Consultant in 1997, providing services for many business clients. These included identifying clients' training needs, designing and delivering training programmes, providing consultancy services and liaising with awarding bodies to meet accreditation requirements.
In 2000, she joined System Concepts Limited. Since then she has used her health, safety and ergonomics knowledge and experience to provide a diverse range of services for clients, as can be seen from the examples listed below.
Client Projects / Case Studies
- Auditing of the management of maintenance contractors for the Driving Standards Agency, using the results to improve their procedures and developing/providing training for DSA staff.
- Developing and presenting two training courses (Safety for Senior Executives and Managing Safely), accredited by the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Researching into the risks associated with the securing and covering of loads on goods vehicles other than tipper lorries for the Health and Safety Executive.
- Providing ongoing health and safety consultancy support for Ernst & Young, including developing and implementing policies and procedures, assessing risks, reviewing progress and providing health, safety and ergonomics advice and guidance.
- Conducting a health, safety and ergonomics review of the proposed equipment and workplace layouts for the manufacture of TAG McLaren Formula One racing cars.
- Auditing the management of health and safety at Alexandra Palace and conducting a full risk assessment of the site.
Real life interests
- Morris and sword dancing.
- Bird watching.
- Food and drink.