Katherine specialises in:
- user research
- participative design
- mobile device user experience
- usability testing and evaluations of interactive systems
- creative workshops
- ergonomics evaluations of hardware
Katherine is a Director of System Concepts. She holds a first class honours degree in Ergonomics from Loughborough University and won the Ergonomics prize for academic excellence. She is also a registered member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors.
Prior to joining System Concepts, Katherine worked as a user researcher and ergonomist for a product design consultancy. She worked on a wide variety of projects including consumer, medical, military and telecommunications products. She gained experience in the techniques of ethnography, prototype testing, field trials and the use of anthropometry in product design.
Client Projects / Case Studies
- Facilitating participatory design sessions for a leading mobile phone manufacturer including groups with older users, females and children
- Conducting focus groups with industry experts to review the user experience of the latest mobile devices and discuss the future of the mobile landscape
- Applying ethnographic research tools such as diary studies, cultural probes and camera studies to elicit user behaviour and needs for a range of clients
- Developing documentation detailing the UX of new mobile device designs including building prototypes around use cases, wireframing and navigation models
- Providing UX expertise throughout the design development of a telecoms product including user research, scenario building, paper prototyping, out of box experience testing and usability assessments
- Managing an international programme of projects providing user experience design services to Amadeus, a large organisation within the travel industry
- Applying participative design techniques to explore potential design solutions for Amadeus’ travel booking system with travel agents across Europe
- Conducting ethnographic research with children aged 7-11 years to investigate children’s play habits and navigation methods when using the internet with friends for CBBC
- Conducting user research for a number of BBC websites including the BBC Editorial Guidelines website, BBC News, BBC Sport, and CBeebies
- Conducting usability testing of a variety of paper and web-based products for Nationwide Building Society
- Conducting ethnographic research in Intensive Care Units with nurses to better understand the use of a cardiac output monitor in context
- Examining the use of confidential consulting areas for a major pharmacy chain
- Conducting an ergonomics assessment of a counter and equipment design for Barclays.
Real life interests
- Watching Sunderland AFC.
- Hip hop dancing.
- Eating out.
Keep up with Katherine on Linkedin at http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/katherine-lee/14/8b/83a
Our Clients Say
System Concepts have concentrated on the high priority areas which will have the most impact on the health, safety, productivity and morale of our staff and visitors.
Nick La Hive, Facilities Manager, Museum of London