Will specialises in:
- Usability testing
- Quantitative research
- Survey research
- Accessibility audits and testing
- Expert reviews
- In context research
- Remote testing
Will is a consultant with System Concepts. He holds a PhD in Human Computer Interaction, an MSc in Applied Psychology and a postgraduate diploma in Psychology.
He has over eleven years’ experience of applying user-centred methods to support system design across a wide range of systems including websites, intranets, software, mobile apps and websites, e-learning tools, digital games and interactive television systems.
Prior to joining System Concepts, Will worked as a Research Associate within the Human Centred Systems Group at University College London. In an earlier role, he worked as a researcher and data analyst for an international survey company.
Will is a member of the User Experience Professionals' Association.
Client Projects / Case Studies
- Conducting usability testing to support the development of an e-commerce purchase process on behalf of a mobile phone network operator.
- Carrying out usability testing for of an online travel booking process on behalf of a global travel software provider. The research was conducted on both mobile and desktop platforms.
- Conducting an online survey with over 700 respondents on behalf of a mobile phone network operator. Conducting follow up phone interviews with 20 participants.
- Conducting two rounds of user testing with children to evaluate a set of games aimed at improving literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
- Conducting lab and field testing of a satellite-based interactive TV system. The research was carried out within four European countries.
- Conducting international user research to evaluate a set of mobile phone prototypes.
- Conducting an expert review to support the development of an online registration process for a UK professional association.
- Conducting in-depth contextual interviews with early adopters of Microsoft SharePoint within a large UK charity.
- Using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) v2.0 to conduct an accessibility audit of the website on behalf of a major UK retailer.
Real life interests
- Playing music