Vicky specialises in:
- User experience research, testing and evaluation of interactive products and systems
- Procurement ergonomics
- Applied ergonomics and human factors
- Access auditing
- Ergonomics and human factors training design and delivery
Vicky holds a BSc in Psychology with Ergonomics and a Diploma in Professional Studies from Loughborough University. She was awarded the Trust Prize from Loughborough University for exceptional performance during her final year of study. Vicky is a graduate member of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (IEHF), currently working towards becoming a registered member, and is a member of the UK User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA). Vicky holds the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, which she was awarded with credit. She is also an Access Auditor and completed her training with the Centre for Accessible Environments.
Since joining System Concepts, Vicky has conducted ergonomics, human factors, user experience and usability projects. These have included one to one interviews, focus groups, and participatory design workshops. Vicky has conducted evaluation sessions of websites, mobile phones and other physical products such as domestic appliances. She has experience in evaluating and testing mobile phone applications across different platforms including iOS, Android and BlackBerry. She has facilitated sessions with both low and high fidelity prototypes. Vicky has completed projects for clients across different industry sectors including finance, manufacturing, media and communications, energy, services, transport and the public sector.
Prior to joining System Concepts, Vicky specialised in rail Human Factors and Ergonomics. She worked in the transport industry as a Human Factors Research Assistant at the Rail Safety and Standards Board, London. Here she gained practical experience across a range of human factors and ergonomic applications. Her final year dissertation investigated the influence of audio announcements on passenger behaviour on the train platform, completed for South West Trains. This investigated a range of speech warning designs under different conditions of use.
Client Projects / Case Studies
- Conducting multiple rounds of focus groups and usability testing, analysing and evaluating findings, and producing deliverables to provide insights and practical recommendations for confidential future products for a leading financial services sector organisation.
- Facilitating lab-based usability testing of the registration process for a leading mobile network providers’ new financial service app. This included testing across several platforms including iOS, Android and BlackBerry.
- Conducting ergonomics and accessibility assessments within branch for a leading financial services sector organisation.
- Conducting lab-based user research sessions to support product development for a complex software system used in the travel industry. User research sessions were conducted in Nice, France.
- Providing ergonomics expertise to help a global energy company procure a wide range of furniture, equipment and accessories, using ergonomics / accessibility principles to specify and select the items to reduce the risk of ill-health, injury and accidents by selecting inappropriate products.
- In context interviews, observations and surveys to provide advice regarding rest breaks and the use of Display Screen Equipment (DSE) for a rail company’s signalling staff.
- User research and testing of an application for handling money on mobile phones. Research included exploration of current behaviour and attitudes around money, and testing paper and phone-based prototypes of concept designs.
- Rapid Iterative Testing and Evaluation (RITE) of a low fidelity prototype for a new interface design for a leading global electronics manufacturer.
- Carrying out ergonomics investigations of visual inspection tasks within the rail industry and within the manufacturing industry.
Real life interests
- Travelling to sunny places.
Keep up with Vicky on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/vickyking