Mark specialises in:
- developing and implementing health, safety, quality, and environmental management systems
- providing health, safety and well being advice, guidance and support
- conducting health and safety risk assessments
- conducting inspections and audits
Mark is a consultant with System Concepts. He holds a Dual Honours Bachelor Degree in Energy Management with Industrial Archaeology from Northampton University. Mark also holds the NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and is a Graduate Member of IOSH. He is also a City and Guilds certified Manual Handling Trainer.
Mark has 8 years of experience working in health and safety across the public, voluntary and private sectors. Prior to joining System Concepts Mark worked for a building maintenance and construction company where he advised and supported management and staff on all aspects of environmental, quality, health, and safety.
Client Projects/Case Studies
Mark has been involved in a wide range of projects, including the following:
- Implementing and maintaining management systems to BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety, ISO 9001 Quality Management and IS0 14001 Environmental Management.
- Producing, reviewing, and testing health and safety, fire and emergency plans and facilitating training scenarios to test appointed persons.
- Managing and evaluating contractors and subcontractors to ensure environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Implementing and auditing Permit to Work systems for confined spaces, abseiling, mechanical isolations, general access, and electrical works up to 1000v AC.
- Developing competency matrixes and analysing training needs to advise and support managers to best approach different hazards across a range of disciplines.
- Carrying out health and safety audits and developing corrective action plans.
- Developing and delivering a range of health and safety training courses, including inductions, safety harness use and inspection, risk assessments, manual handling and toolbox talks.
- Conducting statutory inspections of Fall Protection Equipment (FPE) and delivering access solutions for work at height risks.
- Carrying out risk assessments, including fire, DSE, Manual Handling, Work at Height, PUWER, COSHH, young persons and general workplace assessments.
- Investigating accidents and incidents to identify root causes, remedial recommendations, and undertaking return to work interviews.
- Analysing accidents, incidents and near misses data for health and safety performance monitoring, trend analysis and recommendations for improvements.
- Establishing and chairing health and safety committee meetings.
- Preparing a range of health and safety communication and information documents, including for intranet sites, leaflets, company magazines, etc.
Real life interests
- Mark is a volunteer leader with the Explorer Scouts
- Rock Climbing
Our Clients Say
System Concepts have concentrated on the high priority areas which will have the most impact on the health, safety, productivity and morale of our staff and visitors.
Nick La Hive, Facilities Manager, Museum of LondonMore testimonials