Helen specialises in:
- User experience, usability and accessibility research
- Ergonomics research and expert advice
- Training delivery and design
Helen became interested in usability and ergonomics while working as an occupational therapist. She went on to pursue a Master of Science in Ergonomics (Human Factors) at Loughborough University. Her Masters dissertation investigated the observed and perceived effects of wearing an Osteoarthritis Simulation Suit on performance in a series of tasks. She is a graduate member of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors and a member of the User Experience Professionals Association as well as the Centre for Accessible Environments. She is also a mentor for the UXPA’s mentoring scheme.
Prior to joining System Concepts, Helen worked as a Consultant for Posturite, where she was responsible for developing and delivering training courses and performing complex workstation and vehicle assessments. She has a Level 3 PTTLS teaching qualification.
Client Projects / Case Studies
- Carrying out in-context research for a variety of clients. One recent project involved completing international research with travel agencies throughout Europe to explore potential design solutions and support product development.
- Designing and facilitating user research to provide valuable insights. This has recently included sessions that explore the user experience on mobile as well as desktop applications.
- Conducting accessibility research with a range of different users who have disabilities.
- Performing expert evaluations of products to identify usability and accessibility issues. Recent evaluations have included a storage website and an accessibility review of a B2B website.
- Conducting rapid usability testing to assist a client as part of their agile development process.
- Developing and delivering a wide variety of training for clients such as Ernst and Young, Johnston Sweepers and Houses of Parliament.
- Conducting ergonomics assessments for clients to advise on changes that improve efficiency and employee wellbeing. This has recently included work on trading floors, in vehicles, evaluating warehouse operations and in reprographics environments.
Real life interests
- Keeping fit and mountain bike riding
Our Clients Say
System Concepts delivered design solutions which were both technically feasible and satisfied our clients’ business and technical needs.
Jarnail Chudge, Microsoft ServicesMore testimonials