In the Press
Here you will find details of our latest published articles and conference presentations.
Many of our consultants are published writers and accomplished public speakers. We are always interested in providing articles, interviews or expert quotes, and speaking at seminars or conferences.
Please contact us and we will do our best to help.
- THe latest IOSH Blog http://ioshblog.tumblr.com
- Liz Skelton talks to Health and Safety Week about her career so far in health and safety http://www.healthandsafetyweek.com/case-studies/2015/4/13/women-in-safety-liz-skelton
- Christine Critchley spoke about stress management at work on the BBC London Radio's Breakfast Show; to listen go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02n9lm1
- Tanya Heasman will be speaking on “Workstation redesign in the Banking Industry” at the Health and Wellbeing at Work Conference 2015, Birmingham NEC for more information visit: http://healthwellbeingatwork.co.uk/ or contact us.
- Liz presented at the Principal People Health and Safety Candidate Event about what System Concepts look for when recruiting H&S professionals
- Liz and Christine presented to managers at the Corporation of London Wellbeing Programme Launch event – “The business case for health”
- Liz presented at the IOSH Yorkshire Branch conference “Behavioural Safety – Taking the reins” http://www.iosh.co.uk/IOSH/Home/Events/Event%20details.aspx?Id=%7BCAE1652A-A777-4BD1-8718-75EE8E4CD70A%7D&ItemType=VolunteerEvent
- Tom Stewart was interviewed as an expert on retail psychology on BBC London 94.9 on Friday 29th November 2014 by Eddie Nestor on his Drivetime show about the psychology of Black Friday.
- Tom was quoted in an article on the social cost of telling people about your extreme experiences in a article for the British Psychological Society.
- Tom gave his views for an article on mobile phone addiction for the British Psychological Society website.
- Tom is interviewed in GDR Creative Intelligence's Global Innovation Report on Flexible Retail Design. You can read the article here.
- Tom has written a chapter on Applying International Usability Standards in the Computing Handbook, Third Edition: Information Systems and Information Technology published by Chapman and Hall. May 2014
- Christine Critchley talks on the BBC London Breakfast Show about the HSE campaign to bust health and safety myths. March 2013
- Tom talks about the importance of a comfortable working environment in Metro. Mar 2013
- Tom talks about how to avoid repetitive strain injuries on mobile devices on BBC Click.
- Croner's Health and Safety publications. Our consultants are regular contributers to Croner's Health and Safety Manager Briefing and occasional articles to several other publications. Croner is a leading UK provider of workplace information and consultancy services, part of Wolters Kluwer.
Behaviour and Information Technology
Tom Stewart, our founder, writes an editorial for the bi-monthly journal Behaviour and Information Technology. The latest editorials are available free online:
Tom Stewart, our founder is also a guest blogger for e-consultancy.
Conferences and meetings
- System Concepts are presenting at the London Ergonomics Group event on 11th March 2015, an event for the regional group for Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) members. Tanya Heasman, Vicky King, Caroline Owen and Helen Cheetham will be presenting on ergonomics topics including; emerging trends in ergonomics, ergonomics training in industry and putting it in to practise, applying UX methodology to ergonomics, and making technology accessible. For more information about our ergonomics services please contact us. You can find descriptions of our presentations here.
- Tanya Heasman presented on "The Ageing Workforce" at the National Safety Symposium on 7-8 Sept 2014
- Christine Critchley presented at the IOSH Aviation Conference on 3rd July 2014
- Christine Critchley presented at the FISH Office Health and Safety event on 12th September in London on the health and safety issues around Bring Your Own Device. For more information please contact us.
- We are hosting the next Health and Safety Social Housing Think Tank which is on Lone Working on September 24th at 2pm at our offices. Contact us for more information.
- The next Financial and Professional Services Health and Safety Think Tank will be on Travelling for Work and will be held on September 25th at 2pm at our offices. Contact us for more information.
- Liz Skelton presented on Making the Business Case for Health and Safety at an IOSH training course in Jersey. June 2014
- Rebeca Miranda presented a session at HCID 2014 on Film & broadcasting techniques applied to UX design. You can download her presentation here. April 2014
Our Clients Say
Queries are dealt with very promptly and the advice is easy to understand and put into action. It is re-assuring to know we have such great support.
Bernadette Sullivan, Baker Tilly